SQL 2005 Legacy DTS Package Migration Wizard
RG
2010-03-17 17:05:01 UTC
It appears I had successfully migrated sql server 2000 dts packages to sql
server 2005. However, I can't find them on sql server 2005. How do you
reference these packages.

Thanks in advance
Todd C
2010-03-18 11:39:01 UTC
In SQL 2005 (and 2008) your Integration Services Packages are stored with the
Integrations Service.

Open SQL Server Management Studio. Use the Object Explorer and click
Connect. Select Integration Services. Supply connection info as appropriate.
Once connected, you will need to expand the Stored Packages node and either
the File System or MSDB node, depending on how you saved your package.

I can almost predict that your next post to this forum will be:
"Which is better, storing packages in the File System, or in the MSDB
database?"
Most people I have talked to prefer the MSDB database. Mostly because we're
all DBA's and hey, to a hammer, the whole world is a nail!

Hope this helped.
--
Todd C
MCTS SQL Server 2005