SSIS Transfer Objects task - "Cannot apply value null to property Login" blues...
unknown
2005-11-10 19:20:01 UTC
Hi, everybody.

I am trying to transfer a database from one server to another using SSIS
Transfer Object task.

The package runs, but crashes with a quizzical error:

Error: 0xC002F325 at Transfer SQL Server Objects Task, Transfer SQL Server
Objects Task: Execution failed with the following error: "Cannot apply value
null to property Login: Value cannot be null..".

I am NOT transferring any logins or users, and the databases already exist
on the destination server.

Anybody know what this error is about? It's been driving me nuts for about
an hour, as I can't make any sense of it.

Regards,

Ziga Jakhel
EH

Ziga Jakhel
unknown
2005-11-16 10:19:13 UTC
Yes, I was, on the target server. Will retest sometime this week, more
urgent problems to solve right now.

But a question - why should the security model be an issue?

Regards,

Ziga
Ziga Jakhel
EH
2005-11-16 11:16:17 UTC
we run in a similiar problem
problem went away after switching to integrated security

someone from MS Support is investigating this already...

Ernst
Post by EH
Are you running with SQL security?
If yes, try Windows/Integrated authentification...
Ernst