excel import error 0xC020801C "cannot acquire connection from conn
adolf garlic
2007-04-26 14:54:03 UTC
I have inherited a package and am struggling to get it working.

It is failing at the point of trying to open an XLS.

I have tested the connection and am able to preview the data ok.
(I am running in BIDS/VS.NET)

When I try executing the task I receive the following error:
Error: 0xC020801C at Load Excel Barriers, Excel Source [1]: SSIS Error Code
DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER. The AcquireConnection
method call to the connection manager "Manual DCIa" failed with error code
0xC0202009. There may be error messages posted before this with more
information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed.

I can't find anything on the web about it.

Hayulp!
Allan Mitchell
2007-04-30 20:15:42 UTC
Hello adolf,

Can I just confirm that it fails when running through BIDs immediately after
you preview the data?

Do you have to provide a password for the Excel file?

--

Allan Mitchell
http://wiki.sqlis.com | http://www.sqlis.com | http://www.sqldts.com |
Hayulp!
adolf garlic
2007-05-01 09:04:00 UTC
The xls does not have a password.
I was just using preview to see that the connection worked and that the data
would be as expected. When I try and run the package it was returning the
error below.

I am not getting the error now but don't know what has changed :(
Hayulp!
adolf garlic
2007-05-08 13:30:00 UTC
I have started getting the same error again.

Even after reboot I am getting it.

Preview data works ok but when trying to open the xls it is failing with the
same error:
SSIS package "Package2.dtsx" starting.
Information: 0x4004300A at Add new CIFs to destination, DTS.Pipeline:
Validation phase is beginning.
Error: 0xC020801C at Add new CIFs to destination, Manual DCIb 1 [67]: SSIS
Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER. The
AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "Manual DCIb" failed
with error code 0xC0202009. There may be error messages posted before this
with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed.
Error: 0xC0047017 at Add new CIFs to destination, DTS.Pipeline: component
"Manual DCIb 1" (67) failed validation and returned error code 0xC020801C.
Error: 0xC004700C at Add new CIFs to destination, DTS.Pipeline: One or more
component failed validation.
Error: 0xC0024107 at Add new CIFs to destination: There were errors during
task validation.
SSIS package "Package2.dtsx" finished: Success.
Hayulp!
adolf garlic
2007-05-08 14:51:01 UTC
If I run the whole package there is no problem - the xls is opened and
extracted.
If I run the task in isolation it is failing every time with the error
message.
Hayulp!
Javier Jugo
2010-07-29 15:58:58 UTC
In the standart bar, select:
1. Project
2. [your solution] Properties
Last option
3. Configuration Properties, Debugging
4. Select "False" in Run64BitRunTime
With this change the package will run correctly.
good luck!!!

adolfgarli wrote:

If I run the whole package there is no problem - the xls is opened and
08-May-07

If I run the whole package there is no problem - the xls is opened an
extracted
If I run the task in isolation it is failing every time with the erro
message

"adolf garlic" wrote:

On Thursday, April 26, 2007 10:54 AM
adolfgarli wrote:

excel import error 0xC020801C "cannot acquire connection from conn
I have inherited a package and am struggling to get it working

It is failing at the point of trying to open an XLS

I have tested the connection and am able to preview the data ok
(I am running in BIDS/VS.NET

When I try executing the task I receive the following error
Error: 0xC020801C at Load Excel Barriers, Excel Source [1]: SSIS Error Code
DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER. The AcquireConnection
method call to the connection manager "Manual DCIa" failed with error code
0xC0202009. There may be error messages posted before this with more
information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed

I can't find anything on the web about it

Hayulp!

On Tuesday, May 01, 2007 5:04 AM
adolfgarli wrote:

The xls does not have a password.
The xls does not have a password
I was just using preview to see that the connection worked and that the data
would be as expected. When I try and run the package it was returning the
error below

I am not getting the error now but don't know what has changed :

"Allan Mitchell" wrote:

On Thursday, May 03, 2007 5:39 AM
Allan Mitchell wrote:

Hello adolf,Can I just confirm that it fails when running through BIDs
Hello adolf

Can I just confirm that it fails when running through BIDs immediately after
you preview the data

Do you have to provide a password for the Excel file

-

Allan Mitchel
http://wiki.sqlis.com | http://www.sqlis.com | http://www.sqldts.com
http://www.konesans.com

On Tuesday, May 08, 2007 9:30 AM
adolfgarli wrote:

[...]

"adolf garlic" wrote:

On Tuesday, May 08, 2007 10:51 AM
adolfgarli wrote:

If I run the whole package there is no problem - the xls is opened and
If I run the whole package there is no problem - the xls is opened an
extracted
If I run the task in isolation it is failing every time with the erro
message

"adolf garlic" wrote:

Win A Free License of SandDock for Silverlight
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/b603164c-1365-45cf-aee7-a5df6d6cf704/win-a-free-license-of-sanddock-for-silverlight.aspx
John Andrews