Import CSV file from a URL
RedGlow06 via SQLMonster.com
2010-02-11 21:25:19 UTC
I am using SQL Server 2005 and trying to import a CSV file on the web. I am
not a programmer so I was just trying to use the import and export wizard but
don't see any sort of option to pull from a URL. I want to be able to
automate this task so downloading it everytime to a folder manually doesn't
make sense. Any suggestions that a non-programmer like myself could do and
still have it automated?

Thank you!
greenmtnsun
2010-03-19 22:05:01 UTC
I don't know if this is too "programmer" ish or not, but it shows how I did
it step by step! If you know SSIS enough, you should be able to do it.

http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/greenmtnsun/archive/2007/09/06/http-authenticatoin-download-of-file-in-ssis-to-csv-file.aspx

Keith
.