To copy files from a folder to another folder
rkbnair
2008-01-11 21:04:00 UTC
In order to copy all files in certain folder to another folder (with the same
file name) I have placed a File System Task inside the foreeach Loop
container.
However, I'm not sure on how to set the variables ie. the property of the
File System Task. Should I use variables and expressions?

Please advise.

Thanks.
NC3
2008-01-11 22:27:33 UTC
Post by rkbnair
In order to copy all files in certain folder to another folder (with the same
file name) I have placed a File System Task inside the foreeach Loop
container.
However, I'm not sure on how to set the variables ie. the property of the
File System Task. Should I use variables and expressions?
Please advise.
Thanks.
If you haven't already created a variable for the archive/new location
you can do so from within the File System task

1. Set IsDestinationPathVariable to "True"
2. click the DestinationVariable drop down and select new variable
giving t a name like varArchiveLocation setting the value to the
archive/new location
3. Set Operation to "Move File"
4. If you have the source set as a variabe the be sure to set the
IsSourcePathVariable to "True" otherwise leave as "False"
5. Click the drop down in the SourceConnection and select your
connection object you created in the connection manager

I think I have all the steps you need but each one is c learly
identified in the File System Task.

HTH

NC3
rkbnair
NC3
NC3
2008-01-11 22:59:12 UTC
Post by NC3
Post by rkbnair
[...]
NC3- Hide quoted text -
I would look at the ForEachLoop enumerator configurations.

Do the files have the same extension or different extensions. If the
same set the File config to *.extensionname
If the extension are different then set File Config to *.* so it can
enumerate each file type.
rkbnair
enumerate each file type.
Wei Lu [MSFT]
2008-01-15 04:00:19 UTC
Hello,

I tested on my side.

You need to specify a variable in the ForEachloop. For example User::vFile

Then, in the File system task, in the Source destination, you need to
create a new file connection. In this file connnection, you need to use the
exist file. Then, open the properties of the file connection, remove the
exist connection string and then specify in the Expression that the
Connection String to be the User::vFile.

Then, you may copy the file.

You could refer the sample ExecuteSQLStatementsInLoop in the SQL Server
2005.

Sincerely,

Wei Lu
Microsoft Online Community Support

rkbnair
2008-01-15 22:36:00 UTC
Hi Lu,

Thanks for the reply.

For your information:
Source file path="'V:\1aaa\Disk1"
Target file Path="'V:\1aaa\Disk2"

I made the changes that you have suggested. Still getting the following error:

SSIS package "Package.dtsx" starting.
Error: 0xC002F304 at File System Task, File System Task: An error occurred
with the following error message: "The process cannot access the file
'V:\1aaa\Disk1\data1.cab' because it is being used by another process.".
Warning: 0x80019002 at File System Task: The Execution method succeeded, but
the number of errors raised (1) reached the maximum allowed (1); resulting in
failure. This occurs when the number of errors reaches the number specified
in MaximumErrorCount. Change the MaximumErrorCount or fix the errors.
Task failed: File System Task
Error: 0xC002F304 at File System Task, File System Task: An error occurred
with the following error message: "The process cannot access the file
'V:\1aaa\Disk1\data1.hdr' because it is being used by another process.".
Warning: 0x80019002 at File System Task: The Execution method succeeded, but
the number of errors raised (1) reached the maximum allowed (1); resulting in
failure. This occurs when the number of errors reaches the number specified
in MaximumErrorCount. Change the MaximumErrorCount or fix the errors.
Task failed: File System Task
Error: 0xC002F304 at File System Task, File System Task: An error occurred
with the following error message: "The process cannot access the file
'V:\1aaa\Disk1\data2.cab' because it is being used by another process.".
Warning: 0x80019002 at File System Task: The Execution method succeeded, but
the number of errors raised (1) reached the maximum allowed (1); resulting in
failure. This occurs when the number of errors reaches the number specified
in MaximumErrorCount. Change the MaximumErrorCount or fix the errors.
Task failed: File System Task
Error: 0xC002F304 at File System Task, File System Task: An error occurred
with the following error message: "The process cannot access the file
'V:\1aaa\Disk1\ikernel.ex_' because it is being used by another process.".
Warning: 0x80019002 at File System Task: The Execution method succeeded, but
the number of errors raised (1) reached the maximum allowed (1); resulting in
failure. This occurs when the number of errors reaches the number specified
in MaximumErrorCount. Change the MaximumErrorCount or fix the errors.
Task failed: File System Task
Error: 0xC002F304 at File System Task, File System Task: An error occurred
with the following error message: "The process cannot access the file
'V:\1aaa\Disk1\layout.bin' because it is being used by another process.".
Warning: 0x80019002 at File System Task: The Execution method succeeded, but
the number of errors raised (1) reached the maximum allowed (1); resulting in
failure. This occurs when the number of errors reaches the number specified
in MaximumErrorCount. Change the MaximumErrorCount or fix the errors.
Task failed: File System Task
Error: 0xC002F304 at File System Task, File System Task: An error occurred
with the following error message: "The process cannot access the file
'V:\1aaa\Disk1\setup.bmp' because it is being used by another process.".
Warning: 0x80019002 at File System Task: The Execution method succeeded, but
the number of errors raised (1) reached the maximum allowed (1); resulting in
failure. This occurs when the number of errors reaches the number specified
in MaximumErrorCount. Change the MaximumErrorCount or fix the errors.
Task failed: File System Task
Error: 0xC002F304 at File System Task, File System Task: An error occurred
with the following error message: "The process cannot access the file
'V:\1aaa\Disk1\Setup.exe' because it is being used by another process.".
Warning: 0x80019002 at File System Task: The Execution method succeeded, but
the number of errors raised (1) reached the maximum allowed (1); resulting in
failure. This occurs when the number of errors reaches the number specified
in MaximumErrorCount. Change the MaximumErrorCount or fix the errors.
Task failed: File System Task
Error: 0xC002F304 at File System Task, File System Task: An error occurred
with the following error message: "The process cannot access the file
'V:\1aaa\Disk1\Setup.ini' because it is being used by another process.".
Warning: 0x80019002 at File System Task: The Execution method succeeded, but
the number of errors raised (1) reached the maximum allowed (1); resulting in
failure. This occurs when the number of errors reaches the number specified
in MaximumErrorCount. Change the MaximumErrorCount or fix the errors.
Task failed: File System Task
Error: 0xC002F304 at File System Task, File System Task: An error occurred
with the following error message: "The process cannot access the file
'V:\1aaa\Disk1\Setup.inx' because it is being used by another process.".
Warning: 0x80019002 at File System Task: The Execution method succeeded, but
the number of errors raised (1) reached the maximum allowed (1); resulting in
failure. This occurs when the number of errors reaches the number specified
in MaximumErrorCount. Change the MaximumErrorCount or fix the errors.
Task failed: File System Task
SSIS package "Package.dtsx" finished: Success.
The program '[3272] Package.dtsx: DTS' has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Wei Lu [MSFT]
2008-01-16 07:16:52 UTC
Hello,

Did you have any other process is running to access the file?

rkbnair
Wei Lu [MSFT]
2008-01-17 06:49:52 UTC
Hello,

Could you send me an email so that I can provide the sample I created to
you?

Please remove the ONLINE in my display email to reach me.

rkbnair

unknown
2010-03-30 19:15:13 UTC
Hi, I know how to copy files using file system task.
I have lots of text files in one folder, I would like to copy everything except file names starts with "M".
please reply me.

Thanks

weil wrote:

Hello,Did you have any other process is running to access the file?
16-Jan-08

Hello

Did you have any other process is running to access the file

Sincerely

Wei L
Microsoft Online Community Suppor

On Friday, January 11, 2008 4:04 PM
rkbnai wrote:

To copy files from a folder to another folder
In order to copy all files in certain folder to another folder (with the same
file name) I have placed a File System Task inside the foreeach Loop
container
However, I'm not sure on how to set the variables ie. the property of the
File System Task. Should I use variables and expressions

Please advise

Thanks.

On Friday, January 11, 2008 5:38 PM
rkbnai wrote:

I did all that already. But it still does not copy.
I did all that already. But it still does not copy. Sometimes it copies jus
one file and stops

"NC3" wrote:

On Saturday, January 12, 2008 7:28 AM
NC3 wrote:

Re: To copy files from a folder to another folder
On Jan 11, 4:04=A0pm, rkbnair <***@community.nospam> wrote
am

If you haven't already created a variable for the archive/new locatio
you can do so from within the File System tas

1. Set IsDestinationPathVariable to "True
2. click the DestinationVariable drop down and select new variabl
giving t a name like varArchiveLocation setting the value to th
archive/new locatio

NC3 wrote:

Re: To copy files from a folder to another folder
On Jan 11, 5:38=A0pm, rkbnair <***@community.nospam> wrote
he sam
th

I would look at the ForEachLoop enumerator configurations

Do the files have the same extension or different extensions. If th
same set the File config to *.extensionnam
If the extension are different then set File Config to *.* so it ca
enumerate each file type.

On Monday, January 14, 2008 2:25 PM
rkbnai wrote:

My file specification is *.*.
My file specification is *.*. There are only few files in the folder and th
file names are different

"NC3" wrote:

On Monday, January 14, 2008 11:00 PM
weil wrote:

Hello,I tested on my side. You need to specify a variable in the ForEachloop.
Hello

I tested on my side.

You need to specify a variable in the ForEachloop. For example User::vFil

Then, in the File system task, in the Source destination, you need to
create a new file connection. In this file connnection, you need to use the
exist file. Then, open the properties of the file connection, remove the
exist connection string and then specify in the Expression that the
Connection String to be the User::vFile

Then, you may copy the file

You could refer the sample ExecuteSQLStatementsInLoop in the SQL Server
2005

Sincerely

Wei L
Microsoft Online Community Suppor

On Tuesday, January 15, 2008 5:36 PM
rkbnai wrote:

Hi Lu,Thanks for the reply.
[...]

On Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:16 AM
weil wrote:

Hello,Did you have any other process is running to access the file?
Hello,

Did you have any other process is running to access the file?

Sincerely,

Wei Lu
Microsoft Online Community Support

On Wednesday, January 16, 2008 9:32 AM
rkbnai wrote:

Re: To copy files from a folder to another folder
No. There are no other processes running.

--
test

"Wei Lu [MSFT]" wrote:

On Thursday, January 17, 2008 1:49 AM
weil wrote:

Hello,Could you send me an email so that I can provide the sample I created to
Hello,

Could you send me an email so that I can provide the sample I created to
you?

Please remove the ONLINE in my display email to reach me.

Sincerely,

Wei Lu
Microsoft Online Community Support

On Tuesday, January 22, 2008 8:37 PM
rkbnai wrote:

Lu,I had sent email to you couple of times already.Thanks.
Lu,

I had sent email to you couple of times already.

Thanks.
--
test

"Wei Lu [MSFT]" wrote:

BizTalk Configure and Send SMTP Mail Based on Message Within an Orchestration
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/4e9e7c92-1279-4fdb-8631-a2f309a021c2/biztalk-configure-and-sen.aspx