Running functions in an Ssis package
robboll
2010-02-03 09:58:55 UTC
Whenever I paste in some Vba code from an ms access module it errors
on parts of the code that I have no problems with in Access. I
couldn't find a references library in ssis and the script task
defaults to a sub procedure. So I'm thinking maybe functions aren't
allowed or I'm using an incorrect method. All I'm trying to do is
entanciate two variables: FY and FM with the current fiscal year and
fiscal month to use in a select statement.

Any assistance with this greatly appreciated!

RBollinger
Todd C
2010-02-05 15:16:19 UTC
Functions are certainly allowed in SSIS Script tasks. You just don't have the
VBA object model at your disposal but I'm conficent that you can get the
right logic with just a few lines of code.

I have seen some of your other posts concerning this issue, but could you
re-state the issue in sentances your mother would understand (ie: NOT
code-speak). Then we'll help you write the code.
--
Todd C
MCTS SQL Server 2005
.
robboll
2010-02-05 22:23:34 UTC
If Functions are allowed is SSIS Script tasks, where are the library
references listed in SSIS?

thanks!

BTW Todd, I really appreciate your responses. It seems there isn't a
whole lot of help with SSIS in cyberworld. Do you have any
suggestions on where I should be looking to jump these hurdles? I've
attended a couple of programmed courses that I thought were a complete
joke. If I can fight my way through a practical application task like
this I believe it is ten times better than taking a class. You've
been a great help!

RBollinger
Todd C
2010-02-08 13:56:01 UTC
I leanred a LOT from responses in these forums. It's good to know others are
too.
I also learned a lot from books. One of my favorites on this subject was
"Professional SQL Server Integration Services" by Wrox (Sorry I don't have
the ISBN for you). It as written by a host of authors and had many good
exercises to help you learn the concepts.

Be careful referencing external libraries in your script functions because
when you deploy this to a server, that machine may not have those libraries
available.

HTH
--
Todd C