Sending text files to different destinations dynamically
i***@yahoo.com
2010-05-11 17:56:00 UTC
I am using SSIS 2005 to import a text file, do some lookups and then
send the output to subfolders on the destination hard drive based on
certain criteria. Is SSIS 2005 capable of doing this? If so, how?
Todd C
2010-05-13 15:46:05 UTC
Generally speaking, I think the answer is YES but I'm not totally sure about
your scenario.

When you say "send the output to subfolders" what does that mean?
Are you taking data from a text file, reading it via a Flat File Source
Connection, then sending down a data pipeline in a data flow?

Do you want a Conditional Split transform and multiple flat file
destinations, each in a different folder?

Help us understand your package design and/or your intent.
--
Todd C
MCTS SQL Server 2005
.