Documentation templates for SSIS/DTS packages
KarenM
2009-02-13 12:23:43 UTC
Hi All,

Can any of you kindly point me to some URLs for templates for
documenting SSIS/DTS packages and templates for documenting the
database objects like stored procedures & tables/views

Thanks
Karen
TheSQLGuru
2009-02-13 13:55:51 UTC
I highly recommend ApexSQL's Doc program.

DISCLAIMER: I have a very close relationship with ApexSQL. I use and
recommend their products to my clients. If you care to you can get a
discount (and I can get a small remuneration) if you tell them TheSQLGuru
sent you.
--
Kevin G. Boles
Indicium Resources, Inc.
Karen
Jan Waiz
2009-02-13 14:02:18 UTC
Hi Karen,

hm. I think the best template is the one inside your head :-)

I use a normal word document well structured in main points like

1. Overview
2. Stored Procedures
3. Packages
3.1 MyWorkingPackage
3.1.1 Control Flow
3.1.2 Data Flows
3.1.2.1 ThisDataFlow
3.1.2.2 ThatDataFlow

where i document all the stuff. And: i use the "snipping tool" to generate
fast "screen shots" of the packages as you build them inside BIDS. Also a
small annotation beside each task descriping in one or two sentences what he
task is doing.

hth
Jan Waiz
Karen
m***@gmail.com
2017-03-21 14:16:03 UTC
Hi Friends, can you please share any sample documentation which you have prepared for SSIS package .

My Mail id ***@gmail.com

Thank you.
Joe H

Karen
a***@gmail.com
2012-09-13 09:20:16 UTC
Post by KarenM
Hi All,
Can any of you kindly point me to some URLs for templates for
documenting SSIS/DTS packages and templates for documenting the
database objects like stored procedures & tables/views
Thanks
Karen
Hi Kareem,

Can you please send me that Template, if you have found.

Regards,
Ali
r***@gmail.com
Hi, please share with me also, my email is ***@gmail.com thanks