Unable to prepare the SSIS bulk insert for data insertion.
Whiskey Romeo Lima
2009-12-03 23:38:03 UTC
I have a simple SSIS package that uses an Excel spreadsheet as the source and
attempts to load mulitple rows into a SQLServer 2008 database table. This
works fine on my local machine. However, the productions server is a Windows
2008 64 bit server. Here are the errors I am getting. If someone could
point me in the right direction it will be appreciated.

[SQL Server Destination [546]] Error: Unable to prepare the SSIS bulk insert
for data insertion.
[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: component "SQL Server Destination" (546) failed the
pre-execute phase and returned error code 0xC0202071.

Here is the version information for SQL Server 2008:

Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 10.0.2531.0
Microsoft Analysis Services Client Tools 10.0.1600.22
Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 6.0.6002.18005
Microsoft MSXML 3.0 4.0 6.0
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.50727.4200
Operating System 6.0.6002

Todd C
2009-12-04 12:32:01 UTC
In my early days of SSIS development, I assumed that if I was working with a
SQL Server Database, than I would use a SQL Server Destination component on
the Data Flow. However, I have found that an OLE DB Destination works a whole
heck of a lot better for me.

HTH
=====
Todd C
Whiskey Romeo Lima
2009-12-04 23:51:01 UTC
Todd,

Thanks for the suggestion but it is a permission problem. I now have it
working in the BID Environment (on the Windows 2008 Server) when I run BID as
administrator.

When I do not, in addition to the same two error messages I previously
posted I also get this:

Warning: Could not open global shared memory to communicate with
performance DLL; data flow performance are not available. To resolve, run
this package as an administrator, or on the system’s console.

So running BID as administrator allows me to execute this package
successfully.

But I have saved the package to SQL Server. When I connect to the
Integration Server and run the package, I get the same errors. So even
though I am logged in as user who is a member of the Windows SBS
Administrator, I cannot run this package within SSIS server.

So my problem is how to execute this package with the right privileges.
This package needs to be executed by any windows user using our windows
application called DMS (windows/.Net application/.Net 2.0/3.5 framework).
DMS connects to a web service which in turn executes the package. That code
works. But the permissions issue is stopping us right now.

WRL