How to debug packages deployed to SQL Server
t.maeda
2009-12-03 07:12:22 UTC
Can anyone point me to an example of how to debug packages deployed to SQL
Server.

I use "Execute Package Task" and the package is located SQL Server.
I can debug each package individually. But I would like to debug these
packages sequentially without re-deploy to SQL Server in Visual Studio.

Regards
Maeda
Moby
2009-12-03 08:55:59 UTC
hi maeda
i guess you are talking about logging.

if so, open your package in visual studio, right mouse click, logging

provider type (what i prefer): sql server, add. select the
configuration
for configuration you select a sql db, you use espacially for your
logging. ssis is creating a logging table on it's own.

under details you can select certain steps, which should be logged.

save and deploy package again on integration services.

now you'll receive your logging result on sql server

kr moby
Charles Wang [MSFT]
2009-12-04 07:45:29 UTC
Hi Maeda,
For debugging and error handling in SSIS, you can refer to the following
articles:
Troubleshooting Concepts (Integration Services)
Chapter 5: Debugging and Error Handling with SSIS Packages

Best regards,
Charles Wang