DTS export from SQL query to csv file fails with invalid pointer
Allan Mitchell
2004-04-01 07:22:44 UTC
And what is the query.

I have seen this error mentioned when there is a USE statement as the first
part of the query.

What about reregistering DTSFFile.dll

What SP of SQL Server?
--
----------------------------

Allan Mitchell MCSE,MCDBA, (Microsoft SQL Server MVP)
www.SQLDTS.com - The site for all your DTS needs.
I support PASS - the definitive, global community
I'm pretty short in the experience area here so this is
probably something pretty easy. Any help would go a long
way!
I'm trying to use DTS to create a .CSV/.TXT file that
stores the results of a simple query.
The query runs OK by itself, but the DTS action fails
with "Invalid Pointer" when it executes. The task goes as
far as creating a file where it is supposed to, but the
file is 0 bytes in size.
The Step Name is "Copy Data from Results to
C:\Temp\sample.csv Step"
This is running under SQL2000 on Server 2000 OS.
Thank you in advance.
Ed Ireland
Ed Ireland
2004-04-02 15:38:31 UTC
Following is the simple query.

use MP2Samp
select wonum, left(closedate,11)as closedate, equip.eqnum,
description from
woeqlist left outer join equip on woeqlist.eqnum =
equip.eqnum
order by wonum asc

You were correct regarding the USE statement--thank you.
Once "USE MP2Samp" was removed, the DTS ran under the
immediate execution option. For some reason though, the
DTS is not running against the schedule that I assigned of
every 8 hours.

The service pack is 8.00.534 Database Components Service
Pack 2 (SP2)
.
MSExpert
2010-01-29 18:27:32 UTC
Ed Ireland is a complete and total ass. He has no clue whatsoever. Don't attempt to help him, you are just wasting your time!

From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/103_2004_3_0_0_395916/DTS-export-from-SQL-query-to-csv-file-fails-with-invalid-pointer.ht

Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Group
http://www.developmentnow.com/g/